Disney is Made for Families

There is something about the parks that makes most of us want to take pictures. Here's a bit of a story. Way, way back when I was a kid we went to the Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico. I remember quite a bit of that trip, even though I was somewhat young. I remember walking the paved trail in the cave and thinking about how cool it would be to skateboard in the cave. I remember the little speaker thing they gave us so we could have a "guided" tour of the cave, the stalactites, stalagmites, and other things. And, a memory pertinent to this blog post: I was lining up what would be an incredible picture of a stalagmite. The lighting was good, the angle was good. I was instinctively incorporating several good photography techniques in my effort to get a good picture. My mom stopped me from taking the picture. I was confused, but she told me that the best pictures have people in them, people that we know. She was right. A year or two later I wouldn't have cared at all about the picture of a stalagmite, but if someone was standing next to it well, that would be a different story.  So, this post is going to be a bunch of pictures of people in Disneyland, people that we know.





















Never ending story:

Post-Mission Debrief

Once everyone was off the ride, they regrouped outside, laughing and sharing their war stories.

"Well, that was… an experience," Scot said, trying to keep a straight face. "Did anyone else feel like we just flew through a garbage compactor?"

"We lost about half the Falcon’s hull integrity in the first minute!" Kevin said, laughing. "I think my engineer skills need some work."

"Hey, at least we didn’t totally explode," Jeff said, shrugging. "That’s something, right?"

"Sure," Lissa replied with a grin. "But I think I’m filing a complaint with Hondo. I’m pretty sure that ship was broken before we even got in."

"I’m just saying," Zac added, "If I had been the pilot… we’d probably still be floating in space."

"Yeah, well, I’m pretty sure I shot down at least one TIE fighter," Reagan said proudly.

"Are you sure it wasn’t just a space rock?" Brandon teased, earning a playful shove from Reagan.

"Next time, I’m choosing engineer," Mandy said, shaking her head. "I don’t trust myself with a blaster."

"Or maybe we’ll just stick to piloting teacups," Steve suggested, making everyone laugh.

With that, they all agreed to take a short break to regroup. After all, Disneyland was still full of adventures waiting to happen, and their galactic journey was just beginning.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The best laid plans...

Churros!

Ducks of Disneyland