Tomato, Tow Mater

Here's a picture of Lissa and some kids about to ride the Mater ride:


And here's another, similar, picture, except this time it seems the kids aren't nearly as excited about this ride:


You know, now that I look closely at that pic, it might not be the Mater ride.  What ride could that be? What ride is so scary that not one, but two kids have to plug their ears?


Anyway, the Mater ride is good.



Speaking of tomatoes, Mandy grew a bunch earlier this year:





One more random pic.  Remember the carousel? I don't think the kids have wanted to ride this in about three years, but it used to be a fun thing to do while the adults would ride the Incredicoaster.


The long story:

The Great Grouping Debate

As they neared the ride entrance, a cast member explained that each flight would require six people—two pilots, two gunners, and two engineers.

This sparked an immediate debate among the families.

"Okay, who’s gonna be the pilot?" Lissa asked, trying to keep the peace.

"I should be the pilot," Jeff insisted. "I’ve seen every Star Wars movie multiple times. I know how to handle the Falcon."

"Yeah, but I have quick reflexes," Zac argued. "I’m practically made for this."

"I’ll be the gunner," Brandon said confidently. "I’ve been practicing on video games for this very moment."

"No way," Reagan countered. "I’m the best shot in our family!"

Meanwhile, over in the other group, Steve was adamant about his piloting skills. "Look, I’ve played enough flight simulators to handle this. The Millennium Falcon needs a steady hand."

"You’ve also crashed every time you’ve played those flight simulators," Mandy pointed out, trying not to laugh.

"You know, I wouldn’t mind being an engineer," Kevin said, shrugging. "If something goes wrong, I’m pretty good at fixing things."

After a bit of back-and-forth and a lot of playful teasing, they finally managed to organize themselves into groups of six—though not without some grumbling and last-minute lobbying for prime roles.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The best laid plans...

Churros!

Ducks of Disneyland