Autopia Go Carts

This ride...it's not really a ride.  It looks cool because you get to drive a car. I'll be that was a real treat for lots of people when the park opened in 1955.  The issue now is that we've all seen cars, ridden in cars, and know all about cars.  The novelty of driving a car is long gone.  In fact, in order for us to even get to the Autopia attraction we have to ride in a car for a good 10+ hours!


The other thing about this ride is how slow the cars actually go.  The last time I rode this ride I was pressing my foot so hard on the gas pedal and we topped out at a whopping 4mph.  That is just a bit north of walking speed.  It's a bit disappointing.


The last complaint I have about this ride is the weird guiderail in the middle of the track.  That thing makes it really difficult to goof off as you drive along.  I think you could probably just push the gas pedal and never touch the steering wheel.  That guiderail will keep you in the middle of the road.


Even though I spent most of this post complaining about the ride, the fact is, I'd ride it right now if I could!  The scenery is great and it's just so fun to be at Disneyland!  Here's a bad video, but still a video, of Zac all alone driving one of the cars like a total boss!







Comments

  1. When we went recently, me and Kyler would go really fast and jerk the steering wheel to the left or right really fast and it would be really loud haha. That made the ride more enjoyable for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Got a Hankerin' for a Churro

The best laid plans...